“Palette Knife Painting”
Cindy Vener Instructor
Thursday, August 15, 2019, 9am – 3pm
Fee: $69 payable to Wanda Boyd
All levels welcome
Village Art Workshops
Register at http://www.villageartworkshops.com
Spruce Creek Professional Center
10935 SE 177th Place – Suite 406
Summerfield, FL 34491
Bring bag lunch for ½ Hour Lunch
In this workshop, Cindy will demonstrate her techniques for painting with a palette knife to create artwork with loose, bold strokes. In the morning we will start with a “30-stroke” exercise. We will use a simple object as our inspiration for this exercise. From there, we will practice our techniques by creating a still life using palette knives. In the afternoon, we will create a simple, loose landscape from a reference photo.
You may use oil or acrylic paints for this workshop. This workshop is intended for those who have painted before in either oil or acrylic but beginner artists are welcome! No palette knife experience is necessary.
You need to bring:
- If you have your own palette knives, bring them. I will have extras you may borrow. The shapes and sizes I use are RGM Italian or Blick Blue Comfort Grip Painting Knives #81, 109, 62 (RGM Italian or Blick Blue Comfort Grip Painting Knives from dickblick.com). I also like Painters Edge Stainless Steel Painting Knife (size T15) from jerrysartarama.com. DK Art Supply also has palette knives.
- 1 – small canvas or board (6”x6” or 5”x7” for “30” stroke exercise).
- 2 – 8”x10” canvases or boards or similar sizes you prefer.
- Acrylic or oil paints.
- Paint palette or palette paper for mixing paint.
- Brushes for sketching on canvas.
- Paper towels.
- A simple landscape photo, printed or on your phone, to use as reference.